Getting Started in Responsble Investment is a short, two to three hour training course designed for professionals across the business spectrum that want an insight into responsible investment. The course delivers the business case for RI and introduces new ideas to traditional investment approaches.
The course explores the key principles of responsible investment, uses real-life case studies to illustrate the materiality of ESG issues in business, introduces strategies for identifying and managing new approaches to ESG, and identifies sustainability data in financial modeling.
After successful completion of the course, the user will be awarded a certificate of completion.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define responsible investment
- Recognise ESG issues, trends and themes
- Identify the relationship between ESG analysis and investment decision-making
- Identify traditional analysis versus ESG analysis
- Define environmental issues
- Understand ESG issues within the investment process
- Recognise the multiple influences of societal issues on investment decision-making
- Understand the key material impacts of corporate governance
- Identify the role and outcomes of engagement.